Add new links to your main menu
Editing the main menu can be tricky if space is limited.
But it’s worth tweaking it to fit new content.
Please contact us if you’d like help adjusting the website layout to accommodate new content such as pages, categories etc.
To access the area of the backend that controls the Main Menu structure, you’ll need to logout and log back in as the Administrator.
This is because changes in that area can cause unexpected results. I encourage you to contact us if you’re apprehensive and not very familiar with WordPress. It’s often very easy for us to adjust things to make room for more content.
- Locate your Instruction manual that was provided with your website.
- In the upper right corner on the Top Black Bar menu, hover over your username and choose Logout.
- Log back into your website using the Administrator credentialsfound on Page 3.
- Back in the Dashboard now, be careful choosing the correct options:
- Under the Appearance menu choose Menu
- On the left you’ll see options for adding Pages & Catgeories
- Tick the box beside the Page or Category you want to add,and choose Add to Menu
- The new Menu Item will be added at the bottom of the current menu items on the right. Click and Drag it up into place.
- If you’re wanting to add a new Top level menu keep in mind space may be limited. Please contact us to make adjustment.
- If your adding a menu item to an existing top level menu item chances are better it’ll fit properly. Ensure the new item is nestled under the correct top level item.
- Choose Save Menu from the upper right.